Well, I’ve stolen Megan’s MEME because I enjoy being interviewed, even if it’s only by the voices in my head. Also I felt like making a post since it’s been a number of eons since the last one. Not much else has happened, except that I’m leaning towards the idea of returning to the States in or around next June. But don’t publicize that yet, because it’s still just an idea for now and those closest to me here have still yet to hear anything.
1. Who was your FIRST prom date?
Never went, and I still don’t regret it.
2. Do you still talk to your FIRST love?
3. What was your FIRST alcoholic beverage?
It was either a Bud Light I drank with my roommate in the spirit of bringing people together (and which didn’t even give me a buzz!), or the cheap, horrible gin Chris Heuer bought off my other roommate and got me to drink. Still have a pretty traumatic impression of gin thanks to that.
4. What was your FIRST job?
Data entry clerk for my mom’s office. Fastest fingers in the west. I had my own theme song and shit.
5. What was your FIRST car?
A brand new 2003 Toyota Matrix, an embarrassingly good first car. So much so that I traded it with my brother’s beat-up one, only for him to be rammed at a red light a few weeks later, totaling the Matrix. I also lost some CD cases in the crash.
6. Who was the FIRST person to text you today?
Dustin, a friend from college. That’s not interesting.
7. Who is the FIRST person you thought of this morning?
Whatever student had been tormenting me in the preceding nightmare. Probably Ryouji, that little snot.
9. Where did you go on your FIRST ride on an airplane?
Actually my first plane ride was to Orlando, Florida too, ALSO to visit Disney World. That’s pretty cosmic. Maybe Megan and I were there the same day. Touching Mickey and stuff.
10. Who was your FIRST best friend & do you still talk?
Nathan Seymour, a semi-bratty kid whose single mother used to babysit me. We lost contact when I was about five and he moved to San Diego. I don’t remember much about him except what he looked like and the fact that he was kind of a selfish peckerhead. Oh yeah, he couldn’t drive either.
11. Where was your FIRST sleep over?
The first one I remember involved all three brothers Moore, and was at the neighborhood bully’s house. He wasn’t the neighborhood bully yet. We played Zelda II: The Adventure of Link.
12. Who was the first person you talked to today?
I communicated via text throughout the day with friends Haru and Dustin.
13. Whose wedding were you in the FIRST time?
In Tim’s wedding, I was the guy who walked down the aisle with the Asian girl. They claimed it was a coincidence, but I know how people see me now.
14. What was the FIRST thing you did this morning?
Got up and peed, then collapsed back into bed and told Yoko it was like I had just traveled back in time. It made sense at the time.
15. What was the FIRST concert you ever went to?
They Might Be Giants at 9:30 Club with Tim and his then girlfriend who I wasn’t crazy about.
16. FIRST tattoo?
Maybe I can get someone to tattoo some hair onto my scalp.
17. FIRST piercing?
I guess I would go for the eyebrow
18. FIRST foreign country you went to?
The Bahamas. Something about me and islands.
19. FIRST movie you remember seeing?
Snow White and the 7 Dwarves, or Who Framed Roger Rabbit, not sure which I saw first, or why Snow White was playing in the theaters when it’s like seventy years old. Oh yeah, and I saw Big in the theaters but don’t remember it, but apparently in the scene where his girlfriend takes her top off, I shouted “Look at those pineapples!!” in the middle of the theater to my mom’s horror.
20. When was your FIRST detention?
I was detained at the hospital when I was born because instead of breathing like a normal human, I just sat there and turned blue. They had to put me in one of those Easy-Bake Ovens or something.
22. Who was your FIRST roommate?
Like five other guys, most of whom didn’t interact with one another. The one I was closest to was a country-fried, self-proclaimed redneck (the guy from the Bud Light).
23. If you had one wish, what would it be?
24. What is something you would learn if you had the chance?
How to tinker with the insides of electronics in a way that resulted in things besides them breaking.
25. Did you marry the FIRST person to ask for your hand in marriage?
Yes. I mean no.
26. What was the first sport that you were involved in?
Soccer, when I was five. They put me in the goal and the coach kept telling me to stay on my toes. Who talks like that to a five-year-old? Anyway, I took it literally and turned out to be a terrible goalie. True story.
27. What were the first lessons you ever took?
Soccer, if you count it, but coaching like that SHOULDN’T count. In which case, piano.
28. What is the first thing you do when you get home?
Wash my severely child-plagued hands. Also, gargle. Gargling is big here.
29. Who do you think will be the first person to post this?
Looks like it was Sarah. I’ll have to look for that.
30. When was your first kiss ‘that you would count’?
On my driveway with Lindsay Lucas. We broke up soon after!
31. In what grade did you feel really confident?
Last grade of college, my very last year of school. I guess the system works.
32. When did you receive your first “F” in school?
Ninth grade in World Civ class with Dr. Buchanan, that pompous villain. Also, English that same year. It was a combined class. Mom made me get tested for clinical depression.
33. First important event/activity from which you were cut?
34. When did you first realize that you no longer believed in what you once believed in?
The very instant it happened. Whenever that was. Whatever this question means. In general I didn’t have a very magical childhood since I had two skeptical older brothers there constantly spilling the various beans.
35. What is your most memorable family vacation?
Definitely the week-long cruise we took when I was nine. Posh on the open sea.
36. What would you do over if you could?
I would’ve had more violent outbursts in middle school and flirted openly with Rachel in my first grade class. She was fine. Now she’s married, dammit.
37. Besides raising your children and marrying your spouse, what accomplishment are you most proud of?
After those two, it’s gotta be clearing Final Fantasy 6. Just kidding, I don’t play that shit.
38. What’s at the top of your “bucket list”?
Don’t know what that is, but if it’s like a to-do list, passing the Japanese Proficiency Test Level 1, and then figuring out what’s next in life.
39. Who’s the most famous person you’ve ever met?
Jim Lee, who drew X-Men comics in their prime (the early/mid-90s). He gave me his autograph and also drew a picture of Gambit for me that’s somewhere in our basement. Also, Royal Crown Revue, who were at the time my favorite band. Those are both like E-Grade celebrities.